Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Ming Tomb, another day in Nanjing

Today was a great day, we started off after waking up from a great nights sleep.  Lexi went down at 8:00 and slept all through the night without a peep.  I thought it was from all of the excitement of the day, I keep telling myself not to get to encouraged but I just put her down tonight, she was up and laughing and being very cute, and within two minutes was sound asleep.  I have heard of babies like that, mythical creatures that I refused to believe existed until now.
 
We visited the Ming Tomb today and I have to say it was amazing.  After being in the bustling city of Nanjing, going to the gardens at the tomb was so relaxing and really beautiful.  There were huge statues of Lions, Camels, and Elephants lining a long path that were carved in place there over 600 years ago.  All of the stone work and the gardens were breathtaking.  We also visited the Wall of Nanjing that was built over 1600 years ago, it surrounds part of the city and was just incredible.
 
Nanjing is a very interesting place, lots of tourists from all over the world come here and I can see why.  There is so much to do, tons of shopping, and a tremendous amount of history.  All of the main roads are lined with massive Sycamore trees, it reminds me so much of France, of all places, as you drive down the streets.
 
Lexi is really starting to show more of her adorable personality.  I know I have said this already, but she is such a SWEET BABY, she has the cutest smile and is starting to babble a lot.  She recognizes me and when I give her big smile her little face crinkles with a big smile right back at me.
 
We are ready to get on to the next stage of our journey and to the luxury of Guangzhou.
It seems like all of China in under construction and the pollution has been pretty bad.  We had a bit of sun today but mostly it has been that hazy dreary sky shrouded with pollution.  We sometimes forget how fortunate we are back in the states...
 
Thanks everyone for all of your wonderful comments, my dear friend Maria has emailed them to me since I cannot access blogger here in China.  They have been so encouraging and kind, and I truly appreciate each one.
 


Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!

8 comments:

  1. What a fun day in Nanjing. Thanks for sharing pictures. The gardens look wonderful. I hope we can visit during our time in Nanjing. It is nice to be able to stroll and enjoy the city without all the hustle and bustle.

    Lexi is just beautiful. So wonderful to hear that she is smiling and that she is sleeping so well through the night. Like you said, it is almost like a mythical creature (a unicorn perhaps) that you hear about but never see. Let's hope and pray she continues to sleep so soundly!!

    Blessings,

    Carey
    XuZhou Mom to Wei Jia Ke

    ReplyDelete
  2. A family picture! Yeah! Well, minus one. Believe me, when Alison gets in the picture you will smile SO big, knowing the WHOLE family is finally together! Thanks for updating- I just love following along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable smile and those two lil' teeth...CUTE!!! I also love South's big smile!!! He's going to have his hands full with "three girls" in the house!! He will now have mood swings from THREE girls!! He'll love it ... just as much as Nelson does!!

    Hey, I hope you've picked up some good things for Lexi from her province! I'm sure you have! Ok my friend, chat again soon!

    Hugs from Sophia and Avah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! My daughter said they looked like giant animal crackers when I showed her the pictures. Glad you are able to keep getting out & about. Beautiful Baby & great pics!!

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww... just love that little Lexi smile. She is just an absolute doll! Enjoy the rest of your time in Nanjing making memories with your beautiful little girl. :-)

    --Spunky Monkey's mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pics! So glad that your daughter is a sweetie. She sure is a precious little girl. Hope you continue to enjoy your trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lexi is a good baby, just enjoy, I don't think it is going to change. Lucky parents! She just looks content and that is only going to get better as she learns that you are forever there to meet her needs.

    I love the ladybug blanket, and is she playing with a baggie? Our granddaughter's favorite toy the entire time we were in China was a baggie. She love the package wrapping and would krinkle them up and listen to the sounds. She had to have a baggie with her wherever she went. She is 5 now, she no longer gives a hoot about the wrappings of a present, she tears it away with the best of them, to get to the gift. Lexi brought back a sweet memory!

    I should be sleeping, in an hour and a half our alarm will ring, we head to the airport and China. Thanks for your well wishes on our blog, we will be looking for your footprints soon.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lexi is so beautiful!! I am so happy for you guys. You are blessed to have such a sweet baby girl!

    Hugs,
    Sheri (another XZ Mommy)

    ReplyDelete