Saturday, October 31, 2009

Here we are in Guangzhou

Today was a very busy day.  We started out early after sleeping very well, the first good sleep I have had since coming to China.  After a great breakfast we were off to the Medical Exam.  It was pandemonium, lots of babies crying and lots of older children getting shots.  Poor kids, some had to have six or seven shots..our little one did not.  Lexi did well but has an ear infection.  We thought that might be the case after our flight into Guangzhou yesterday.  It was really terrible, our poor little girl was in terrible pain coming into our descent and cried inconsolably.  The doctor confirmed the infection at Medical Exam and then a doctor in our travel group gave us antibiotics to start her on.  We hope that the meds begin to kick in soon and maybe make the trip home better for her. 
After our Medical Exam we had a bunch of paper work to do for the completion of the adoption and for the US Embassy.
Tomorrow is a sightseeing day and we should have lots of pictures then, South had his video out today so we did not get any pictures of our day unfortunately.
I have a few of our sweet, precious pumpkin and I will post those.



Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!

6 comments:

  1. Just darling! What a great smile! Sorry to hear about the ear infection. If it helps at all, Aaron had a double ear infection that we didn't know about, and he had no trouble on the long flights. I hope the same for Lexi. Hey- if you see Lisa and Dan, please let them know I'm thinking of them and am totally bummed that no updates are showing up on their blog. I hope all is well with them. I hope you have fun in Guangzhou now that the exam is out of the way. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lexi!! Sorry to hear about her ear infection! Those are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE pictures of her. Love the smiles!! We went trick-or-treating over here and the weather was fabulous!! Enjoy your Sunday in Guangzhou.

    Remember tonight we set our clocks back an hour! :) Chat with you again later!

    Hugs! Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that one of our crashed computers is back up and running, I can comment. Lexi is ADORABLE!!! You guys look so happy and I'm sure Alison will be anxious in a lot of ways to meet her little sister and be back with Mom and Dad. We went through the ear thing with Emma. She did great on the long flights (it was just the take offs and landings). Kaylei also had ear infections when we got her and she didn't act like it bothered her. (Of course, she had no pain sensation then either.) I have a double ear infection right now. I think its there for me to empathize what Emma went through for so long. No fun!
    Loving every picture and story. Can't wait to see more! Glad all is well!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweetie! Lexi is adorable and I'm so glad that she is adjusting so well. Sorry to hear about the ear ache, but I'm glad you are able to get medicine while in country!

    Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Bettina and South and sweet little Lexi!
    So great to see and hear about your voyage and little Lexington! Thanks for sharing, she is just precious! Can't wait to meet her and see you guys back here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Bettina,
    My friend Gretchen I told you about was one of the ones who had to have six shots for her little one....I guess you were there at the same time. Sorry to hear about the ear infection. Will be praying.

    Love you! Kim

    ReplyDelete