Thursday, October 29, 2009

On to Guangzhou today

Hi everyone,
Sorry for the no post yesterday but there really was not much to talk about...other than Lexi is just the BEST baby ever.  She is such cutie pie, she laughs and smiles all the time and is such a happy little girl.
I am counting the days big time until we come home.  Thank goodness we are off to Guangzhou this afternoon.  Nanjing has been nice but we are so ready to move on the final part of our journey.
I am fiercely protective of little Lexi and walking around the streets of Nanjing have not been so great at times.  People stare at my peanut like she has two heads, her lip has a small scar and her nose is not perfectly uniformed.  I can see people look and then stare at me and then back at her and I just hate the looks they give us.  Oh well, I know it is a cultural thing but it upsets me.  I am looking forward to our Dr. appt. the week after we come home to schedule her surgery for her palate and possibly her revision on her lip.  She is such a sweet and joyful little girl and I so want the best for her.
Tomorrow we will be strolling around in 90 degree weather, a change from the 70s that we have had here in Nanjing.
I am posting random photos here but will have lots of Guangzhou tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for following along, your comments mean so much.
 


Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Bettina: Love your blog and thank you for keeping us all in the loop. Lexi is SOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! I so love her little smile and her bottom teeth-- she looks like a sweet angel. Lucky for you she is a sweet angel. So great you are doing some wonderful touristy things in Nanjing. Congratulations to you. Here's to a speedy rest of the trip! Hurry home! Kathleen, Mia and Marika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bettina! Lexi looks so peaceful while she is sleeping. It's Friday night so I'm assuming you are already in Guangzhou- Woohoo!! Of course, our Hunan group of families didn't get to Guangzhou 'til almost midnight on Friday but hopefully you are already there!

    Enjoy your week in Guangzhou my friend!

    Miss you, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so fun to wake up this morning to a new post. Yeah! Her little smile is precious, and I'm so happy to hear that she's a happy baby! I could go on and on about the stares- let me just say- I hated it too! The good news is that no one at home stares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are on your way to Guangzhou!! One step closer to home. I think most families enjoy the change of scenery and all the adoptive families while in Guangzhou, so hopefully you will enjoy your time there.

    Lexi is just beautiful and I appreciate you sharing all the pictures with all of us back home!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sweet sleeping pictures. Lexi is so precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How can you not just scoop her up and cuddle her and shower her with kisses when you see her sleeping like that??? She looks like a little angel. I am going to show my girls those pictures as an example of what peaceful sleeping is!!! I love those sleep pictures. Kathleen, Mia and Marika

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a adorable baby you have ! she is so cute... what a wonderful gift.
    take care

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete